subscribe.

 

contact.

 

link.
myspace
the getback

Anonymous Sec's
Adventures in Baloney
watsky
vane
ill-lit
via
wiretap
attackerman 2.0
amari chris johnson

living word project
youth speaks

 

recent.

 

archive.
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
October 2010

Thickwitness

Welcome to Thickwitness- the blog from a girl with hips.

This is, primarily, a collection of pixels devoted to celebrating the full body of the black female experience. No. Ew. Gross. That last line sounds entirely too much like it was written by one of my white female allies.

Which isn't really what I want to do right here. Hmmm. Okay. Here it go. Feel me on this.

If you wish you still had a Magna Doodle, a Lite Brite, a Kid Sister doll or access to the complete series of Hey Dude, this blog's for you. Meaning: I'm trying to write something on the regular that resonates with your true and vibrant inner dork.

Thickwitness is the companion site to my short book, which is also For Girls With Hips. That said, it is the one place I'll feel comfortable posting about the things which make me most angry. I still have trouble being seated in some restaurants and the lawyer said I came dressed "thugged out" to court last week (though I was rocking a pencil skirt from H+M-- how thug could I be?) This blog is for the everyday of my black girl. For prostyle and prokeds. It is Probama and Creative Rec. Macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese and chips and cheese and recipes and movie reviews. It's hating on The Dream and shameless self promotion. It is about warring ideals, dark bodies and double entendres.

Plus, my cool ass friends will be guesting. Every week a few of my ridiculously cool friends will aid in this exploit. Look for posts from Lauren Whitehead, Nico Cary, Adam Mansbach, Sherlynn Hicks, Marc Bamuthi Joseph, Rafael Casal, Weyland Southon, Ise Lyfe, Rolando Brown, Anthony Nguyen, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Well, Fitzgerald may not blog, but then again, I didn't ask him. Kinda like how I didn't ask Mansbach or anyone else on the list.

Which brings me to my next point: I did ask Adriel to help me build the site, and he did.
The guy to my right and your left isn't exactly a girl with hips, but shut your face if he's not the ill-est designer this side of the international date line. That's probably why people are trying to cut in his international date line. Gigantic thanks to Adriel Luis as he fades to black as e-master emeritus, and bows out gracefully in this web design game. To honor his hard work, I'm asking him to write more. Tomorrow, Adriel Luis is Thickwit's inaugural guest blogger.

Blau.

1 Comments:

Blogger G-Mitch said...

Off top blud, er umm, i still got my light bright going strong.

Damn Nak, blogging is one interesting ass phenomenon, but i am astoundingly happy to get to read you and all of the folks you put on's thoughts. GRRREAT.

I got a blog as well, but i don't be tellin nobody bout it tho cuz i'm still self-conscious bout my shit, that's how i be though. You should peep it:

slavename.wordpress.com.

Much Love Nak,

G-Mitch.

April 30, 2008 at 11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home